April 21, 2011

it just takes some time

Wisteria in bloomImage by Rictor Norton & David Allen via Flickr
I'm trying to motivate myself to do tedious and repetitive documentation today. If I don't get it done then I can't transfer to my new job on May 1st. And then I will cry. But it has been a good week. The boys have done well and some have gotten good news about their continuing treatment. We played broom ball, which was awesome. I'm really proud of many of them, and I'm working on ways to get them involved in some sort of charity project. I think it would be great for them.

However, I'm looking forward to the new job, especially not having to drive so much. My stupid employers sent me three hours away at the last minute yesterday, only to find that the client I was supposed to pick up wasn't going to be there. Thanks for that, idiots! Did I mention that I had also been on the clock for twenty hours at this point? That has to be illegal somehow.

Mike and I are planning a date night this weekend. What with getting engaged recently, planning the wedding, and our crazy work schedules, we haven't really had a proper date in a while. I want to go out, but I don't know if either of us will have the energy. We may resort to the old dinner and a movie. I guess that's good enough.

I've been talking to people about sociopathy a lot lately...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: