May 07, 2013

Like the Ceiling Can't Hold Us

Macklemore
Macklemore (Photo credit: Alpine425)
I made my bed this morning with Macklemore's "Can't Hold Us" going through my head. This may not seem very glamorous to you, but I want to take pleasure in the mundane things, or at least in mundane things that are a means to an end. What is that end, you ask? That end is having my house in order so I can go forth into the world and give 100% where I'm needed. The line

"Looking for a better way to get up out of bed
Instead of getting on the Internet and checking a new hit me"
has especially stuck with me. I plan on consuming less and creating more in the coming days, becoming a woman of action. 
Our run was canceled this weekend due to flash flooding. I'm a little disappointed but I truly think it was a Godsend since we've been crazy busy for the last month. Instead we had a wonderful time hanging out with my Mom and my brother, goofing off in the hotel room, playing silly songs for each other, going to see Iron Man 3, and eating at Panera Bread.
So last week I also found out that the family for which I currently work as a nanny wants me back next year. I am so happy! The boys I care for are amazing kids and I am really going to miss them over the summer. Financial stability is nice, (especially as my husband and I are trying to start a family ourselves) but I am mostly happy that I get to work with these creative kids again!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: