June 14, 2013

Chambers and Hydras

Dungeon 2
Dungeon 2 (Photo credit: Tony Dowler)
So this afternoon, my husband and I will be playing Dungeons and Dragons with our friends Tay, N, and K. We are currently trying to stop a citywide riot from going down in large seaside city. We had to reschedule our session from Sunday because Tay's internet was down and K Skypes in to be our DM. Best DM screen ever, right?

Before we started playing this particular campaign almost a year ago, I hadn't played much Dungeons and Dragons, though I had wanted to play since high school. I had watched many games in which my ex-boyfriend was playing, and actually participated in one or two.

D&D uses polyhedral dice to resolve random eve...
D&D uses polyhedral dice to resolve random events. These are abbreviated as a 'd' followed by the number of sides. From left, d4, d6, d8, d12, d20 and two d10, both of which are used together to represent a d100, d%, or percentile die. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
My character in this game is an eladrin rogue named Dezirinda. My husband is playing a human fighter named Ryan. Tay's character is a tiefling wizard named Morthos. Nelson just recently joined the group with an elven ranger named Leoven. We've discovered that a group of (mostly) orcs in the town has been inciting riots through the use of a spell that removes people's inhibitions. Currently, we're in an odd sort of...alternate dimension, I suppose? There are sigils all over town that will transport you somewhere else. We are in the in-between space of one of those. We have less than 24 hours to stop the riots or I WON'T GET MY SWORD BACK. The creature who has been leading the orcs took my sword, which also has some teleporting powers, and won't give it back. I tried to steal it back, to no avail. As a rogue, this is very troubling for me.

We'll see what happens tonight!
Enhanced by Zemanta