September 13, 2010

A Case of You

So I feel like the worst friend ever. My bestest best friend in the whole wide world, Lee, called me Saturday night while I was at the fair. He left a voice-mail, but I figured he just wanted to chat and I'd call him back later, when I had time to actually chat. Two days later, I finally listened to the voicemail.

Turns out his Grandpa was in the hospital. He was freaking out and crying on the voicemail. In all the 20 years I've known him, I've rarely seen or heard him cry. When my Nanny died, when my friend Zandra ditched me, when I failed a class, he was there for me. He needed me, and I was a lazy, self-centered bitch.

I did finally talk to him today. Everything is more or less okay now. His Grandpa is stable but they might have to do surgery later. I told him I'd go to the hospital with him if he wanted.

I feel like such a worthless human being.

No comments: