January 22, 2012

Respect the Polygon!

ugh...the laundry is endless. Especially the whites. It would probably help if I would just sHOLLYWOOD, CA - NOVEMBER 15:  Actress Amber Ta...Image by Getty Images via @daylifeit down and do it all in one go, instead of continually responding to the siren song of the computer. I might get my first tattoo tomorrow evening. My friend Laura is going to help me design it, since I want to combine several animal paw prints in a relatively small design. She has several tattoos already and is pretty good at that sort of thing. I got some cute little hairclips at Claire's the other day when my parents came to visit and I suddenly became thirteen again. Now that my hair is crazy-short, I really want to juxtapose it with a more feminine style. 'Juxtapose' sounds better than 'dressing ironically on purpose because it amuses me and confuses others'. I've been reading Sybil Exposed and it's terrifying. Terrifying in a very special, realistic sort of way. That a doctor could be that selfish and short-sighted as to make her patient completely emotionally and financially dependent on her...and then callously tell that patient to 'get well' when the patient was no longer needed to advance her career...it's truly sickening. It seems that therapeutic boundaries and ethics in psychology are relatively new. I wonder...do psychiatrists and psychologists also take the Hippocratic oath? It seems they should. It is a sobering reminder of the need for boundaries in treatment. Even the most well-intentioned of us should constantly be checking ourselves. There are no excuses.
Enhanced by Zemanta