I attended my uncle’s wedding.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t remember what they were.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More versatile clothes.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I’m not really good with dates. But the concert I took my Mom to on Mother’s Day, the Mud Run, and T’s 22-person birthday party are definitely highlights.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Supporting my family.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have pharyngitis right now! Oh, and I took a softball to the knee.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Admission to the Mud Run.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
T, for taking care of me when I’m sick. My Mom, for going with the flow and having her priorities straight. HN and N, for being supportive and helping us move and paint! These are just a few, I actually have way too many people to list, which is awesome.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Glow Race, Mother’s Day concert, game night at HN’s, running tour.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
The Wobble. Can’t Hold Us and/or Thrift Shop and/or Wings by Macklemore. Somebody That I Used to Know covered by Mayday Parade. I Love It by Iconapop. Gangnam Style by Psy. Before the Throne.
|Cover of Mayday Parade|
i. happier or sadder? About the same level of happy, just in different ways.
ii. thinner or fatter? Definitely heavier.
iii. richer or poorer? Well, I own property now, so there’s that. It’s kind of a double-edged sword.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas Eve with my parents. I spent Christmas Day playing games.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I stayed in love.
22. How many one-night stands?
We have two nightstands.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. My level of hate may actually have decreased.
|Cover of American Gods: A Novel|
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
High Street Hymns, E.S. Posthumus
27. What did you want and get?
Wise counsel from others.
28. What did you want and not get?
To be closer to some of my friends, geographically. For some of my friends to make good decisions for themselves.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Iron Man 3, John Dies at the End, World War Z, Pacific Rim, and The Conjuring.
30. What did you do on your birthday?
I had a cookout at my parents’ house.
31. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Taking better care of myself.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Denim, purple, polka dots, tights.
33. What kept you sane?
Articles and TEDtalks about Psychology, trips to the River, laughing with my husband, dinners with friends, honest arguments with friends.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Not sure if this is political, but racism in the media.
36. Who did you miss?
T, my Mom, G, H, among others.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
That God doesn’t owe me anything.