May 18, 2011

Instrumentality

The End of EvangelionImage via Wikipedia
I keep thinking how incredibly happy I am to actually be using my degree. At this new job, I am so much more involved in the treatment of the kids.

I finished watching Evangelion. I'm not sure what to think yet. I'm still processing it. But I did enjoy it, and I'm glad I've seen it. I feel I have a little more credibility as an anime snob. It's not my favorite series, but I can see why people like it. Also, is there something weird in the DVD menu for Volume 8? Because it's either that or I was hallucinating last night...But I still want to watch End of Evangelion.

....The annoying Mexicans who have taken over my fiance's house are starting to make me hate Spanish. I'm sorry, but it's true. They're loud, nasty liars, and I hate them. My nerves can't take it. And they're taking advantage of him and his Mom and PISSING ME OFF.

So yes, I feel like I'm way more involved in the actual treatment of the kids I am working with now. I get to talk to them daily about their goals, and about the principles we are trying to teach them. I got to talk at length to one girl, H, yesterday about education and she was really excited about it. She said she felt inspired and we talked about different ways she could apply it to her life. I hope I can help her reach her potential.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: